Ah, great to hear!  In terms of #1, I actually disabled the titlebars
and such (in that twmrc file that gets generated).  I suppose this could
easily be made an option to startnx in lts.conf... :)

The other big change, from a scripting point of view, is that since I am
using twm, I can take advantage of nxclient's "noexit" property, so that
it respawns when the session is over.  Unfortunately, what I noticed in
my testing was that when the session respawns, it does not honor the
"noconfig" property the second time around, and the user gets the option
to configure the connection (which I don't like so much).  What do
others think?  Maybe we can ask the NoMachine guys if there's a fix...

Anyhow, glad it works.  :)

Oh, and in answer to your question:  twm gets started
in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/bin/startnx (which is, in essence, an xinitrc
script, since it is called explicitly by xinit in the screen script)

-Gadi

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 18:19 +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Hi Gadi,
>
> I am just staring at your NX startup scripts... I just do not
> understand... How do you actually start up the twm? The only difference
> I could see is that you build the .twmrc file in home directory. But my
> understanding was, that you need to build .xinitrc as well and place twm
> at the bottom of it in order to have it started...
> Maybe I have missed something...
>
> But anyway - what I observe is:
> 1. There are no window decorations so you can not move/resize windows
> (like nxclient logon window). This capability could be important if you
> decide not to nxstart the whole desktop but just a one application in
> floating window - consider.
> 2. Everything else that was not working before (key repetition, keyboard
> layout switching) works like charm now - perfect!
>
> Regards,
> Ondrej
>
> Gideon Romm wrote:
> > Ondrej, et al-
> >
> > I just uploaded an update NX_LTSP pkg to sourceforge.  It uses the
> > newest nxclient (1.5.0-141) and twm for a window manager.  Can you play
> > with it and see if it is better/worse than before?  :)
> >
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/symbiont/NX1.5.0-141_LTSP_0.8.tgz?download
> >
> > -Gadi
> >
> > On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 11:32 +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have submitted a support inquiry to Nomachine about this issue and
> >> they have just released the nxagent that fixes this problem.
> >> Not sure if it is any worth for the FreeNX users, though.
> >>
> >> My opinion is that we should have some at least minimalistic  window
> >> manager in LTSP - not only because of nxclient.
> >> I have found out, that for example rdesktop is MUCH faster when running
> >> from within the WM.
> >>
> >> I see that thinstation already has some WM - perhaps we could get it
> >> from there?
> >>
> >> Thanks,

> >> For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Support LTSP!  Buy your hardware at:

        www.DisklessWorkstations.com
        www.DisklessThinClients.com

(use coupon code: LTSP5P for 5% off thin clients from DisklessThinClients.com)