I have two (potential) ltsp servers/workstations on dialup.  I
downloaded ltspadmin and then used it to grab all the necessary ltsp
files (tgz files) to the first PC.  Then I went through the
configuration/installation via ltspcfg.  Then I tried copying all the
ltsp tgz files from /opt/lstp across to the second server by burning to
a CD and recreating the same directory structure as ltspcfg gave the
first server.

I then ran ltspcfg on this second server, pointing it to the directory
of files, as per the install guide.  However, the script fails,
complaining that 'packages.list' can not be found.  I searched on the
first server and can't find such a file.  The closest is 'packages.db'.
In desperation, I tried copying this file and giving it that other name
and put in a couple of dirs under /opt/ltsp/ but it still gives the same
complaint.  Any clues why this isn't working?  Thanks.

Gavin