Gavin,

In the /opt/ltsp/pkg_cache directory, where you got the .tgz files from,
you should also have a .ltsp file for each of the .tgz files.  You need to
cat all of those .ltsp files together into a packages.list file.

   cat *.ltsp >packages.list

Drop that file into the pkg_cache directory on your other server, and you
should be good to go.

If you don't have the .ltsp files, you  should also be able to grab the
packages.list file from the ltsp package mirror like this:

   wget http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/ltsp-4.2/packages.list

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]