Michael George wrote:
> I've not heard nor found any resources as to why this would be
> happening.  Hopefully it was overlooked when I sent it the last time,
> but maybe it's a problem unique to me...
>
> Anyone experience this before?
>
> Michael George wrote:
>> Every so often, we cannot log into any of the terminals because the
>> ownership of /tmp/.ICE-unix has changed from root to someone else.
>>
>> It is easy enough to set back to root ownership, but I'm not sure what
>> keeps causing it to change to that of a user.  It generally becomes
>> owned by my son's account, but that be just be a result of him being the
>> one who logs in on the terminal the most.
>>
>> Is there some configuration setting I have wrong that is causing this to
>> happen?
>>
>> gentoo linux
>> LTSP 4.1
>> KDE 3.5

I've done some digging on this, and it seems that most problems people
have re: /tmp/.ICE-unix have to do with its existence and proper
ownership at boot time.

The problem I am having, though, is that the file is correct after boot,
but I don't do that very often.  While the system is running, the
ownership of /tmp/.ICE-unix changes to that of a user, and I cannot find
any references as to what would cause that or how to correct it.

It would appear that there is a configuration error somewhere, but I
cannot find it, nor a reference to it...

--
-Michael George
 Ideal Solutions, LLC