Devraj Mukherjee wrote On 08/13/06 17:02,:

> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I am looking to emulate Windows applications using Wine and use LTSP
> > to run a terminal server setup. Is this possible, am I looking at the
> > right project for this sort of an application?

LTSP will give you a Linux Terminal Server.  If you can get your Windows
applications to run under Wine, then yes, this can replace your Windows
2000 Server.  Or, better yet, if you can convince your users to use
applications that are written for Linux or run on Linux (written in
Java), that would make your challenge easier.

 I tried the same direction you are going.  First identified the
critical applications that had to run.  Copied them to a Linux
workstation.  Tried to configure the application to run under Wine.  I
was not too successful in getting some Windows applications to run under
Wine.  So, the customer ended up buying a Windows 2003 server.

Ken Cobler