On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 04:10:12PM -0400, Peter Billson wrote:
> Here is the output of the diagnistics:
> #2 - VERSION=4.2 update 3
> #3 - shows /sbin/lbuscd running
>      /tmp/drives exists
>      /tmp/drives/My_Floppy exists but is empty
> #4 - hostname returns ws7
> #5 - fstab shows /dev/fd0 /tmp/drives/My_Floppy auto rw,noatime 0 0
> #7 - user is in fuse group
> #8 - shows /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/sbin/lbussd running
> #9 - lsmod shows "fuse size 41352 Used by 0"
>      /dev/fuse did not exist but I created it now shows
>      crw-rw---- root fuse 10, 229
>      (side note: I have working installations that
>                  do not have the /dev/fuse file)

Nope.  That won't work.  Simply doing a mknod in the /dev directory
doesn't work anymore.  At least, not on any distro running udev.  Check
the server's udev rules.

And it is absolutely, totally, unequivacally impossible for fuse to work
without a /dev/fuse.  Now, the distro you're on may have chosen to put
it somewhere else in the dev tree, but it's GOT to be there.  The same
may apply here.  You've not noted what distro this is on.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
Systems Department |  To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side..."