Am Montag, den 04.09.2006, 23:49 +0200 schrieb Miroslav Mareš:
> Hi,
>
> use any one client from Siemens - Scenic PRO C6 300?? I have a problem
> with correct settings for graphic and sound... I know that that graphic
> card is Matrox MGA G100 with 2 MB and I set this in lts.conf:
>
> XSERVER          = mga
> X_MODE_0        = 800x600
> X_COLOR_DEPH  = 16
> X_VIDEORAM     = 2048
>
> Monitor is Philips Brillance 105, they cannot correct image size and
> position (only with software in windows :-(( ) When client start in X,
> image is on rigth site over. When I set resolution to 640x480, than is
> OK, but is too small...

X modes can be a tricky business on "old" hardware. You can create your
own "modelines" which define how far to the left/right/whatever the
screen wanders and how large it becomes - mostly the autogenerated ones
do well, but sometimes manual config can do way better.

You might google for "online modeline calculator XFree" - I remember I
found a Javascript based app once that allowed to even say wether you
wanted to "move" the screen to the left/right/.... more than the
standard modeline.

I expect the LTSP wiki contains information about specifying special
modelines in lts.conf.

HTH
Anselm