Peter,

I tried it with the stand-alone Flash beta 9.0.21.55, and there's no
sound.  Is there any setup required?  Also, this page
<https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/flash-player/+bug/29760/+viewstatus>

points out some apparent problems with esddsp.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] flash-player-standalone-9.0.21.55]$ esddsp
./gflashplayer  flash.swf
ALSA lib confmisc.c:672:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:3492:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
[...snip: lots of errors...]

Andrew