On 22/10/06, Geoffrey Cauchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We set up an LTSP server and clients a re successfully booting off it.  The
> problem is that when requesting an Internet page, the request seems to be
> getting from the LTSP server's IP address not from the client itself.  Can
> this be changed?  I would like to have request originated from the client IP
> address and that the packet goes through our router directly from the
> client, not through the LTSP server.

IMHO no. All client processes are actually running on the server so it
is the server IP that gets attached to I/O packets.

The way out would be to run what ever application as "local"
application on the thin client but then you need beefy client end
machine and to me that is not really using LTSP.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar