On 22/10/06, Geoffrey Cauchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is for an Interent Café setup, where each client has to be charged for
> the time used.  I already have a billing system setup to track WiFi users,
> hence I would like to use the same one.

Sorry but this may take you off to a tangent. Instead of logging from
your spooling or such software use a script based on out put of "last"
This gives you per line output per login with time-in time-out and how
long session lasted.

You can then use this to do wahet ever billing you need.

> I would imagine that to have an application running locally, the client
> would need a local disk, right? Or it can just run off it's RAM?

Local disk will be needed for local application setup. See wiki at LTSP pages.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar