[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Win can netboot. Can run terminal services. I don't do Win, but my friend
assure me that it's done like that.

All I see is a benefit is you save 512M ram on each terminal, but it costs
much more than 512M in licences etc

If you have a Pentium 75 as a terminal, 512 MB is a real issue. BTW win2003 TS with
25 CALs sells for 500USD. That's  only $20 per terminal.
In uffish thought (Twas brillig and the slithy toads ... Lewis Carol)
You want to put a linux box into a Winders shop to run winders? Methinks you
are destined to give linux a bad name in general.

Well, I don't want to get into religious wars but I personally use Linux
in my work and at home. I like it and use it but I can't demand that others
like it and use it. I don't think it's ethical to shove one's own preferences
down other peoples' throats, and I couldn't do that anyways: I'm simply not
equipped with that kind of arrogance.

Quite a while ago I purchased a Microsoft bus mouse, paying quite a hefty
price because it had the Microsoft logo on it. It worked on win95 and win98
but it doesn't work on win2k and winxp! Imagine a company(MS) that writes
software (winxp) that cannot even support hardware with the company's logo
on it. That's what I think of MS and this was really an eye opener for me.