Hi All:

We recently discovered JackPC (http://www.chippc.com/products/jackpc/).  The
product looks really cool; its very small (fits into a standard single-gang
network box), uses little power (powered by PoE; uses only 5W), and appears
to be reasonably powerful.  In addition, its in the nomral price range,
including the mounting box.  The only hitch I see so far is that it is based
on the AMD Au 1550 RISC cpu.  When I contacted the company regarding Linux
support, they said they had linux support, but their customers all wanted
different things in the linux support, and compatibility became such a big
issue that they abandoned it.  However, it does appear the linux kernel
compiles for this CPU, and I've found reference to other embedded devices
using the same CPU running linux.  So, for those ltsp-experts out there,
would it be very doable  to make ltsp run on these devices?  What roadblocks
or other difficulties to you envision?

Thanks for all the hard work on LTSP!

--Jim