I have bought a lot of Neoware Thin Clients off Ebay.com for anywhere
from $3 up to $30 or so and recommend it to anyone wanting to build an
LTSP network. All the EON and Capio systems I have tried come with PXE
but you may have a hard time getting it turned on in the BIOS. They are
also a great way to connect printers to the network event if you don't
want to run Linux desktops.

I bought my first Neoware last year for about $350 including shipping.
In the last month I bought about 20 more for about the same price. Some
units needed about 35 cents worth of capacitors replaced but so far they
all work. If you get a Neoware unit that does not work look at the
capacitors near the CPU, if they are puffy on the tops the system may
work again by replacing them. We are finding this to be very common with
non-working units.

Older Neoware systems boot much slower then the new ones, less RAM and
slower CPU's but once they are in X they fly just as fast as the high
end units.

To get PXE working on most systems you need to enable it in the system
BIOS and the PXE BIOS. Many Neoware systems are password protected in
the BIOS and this cannot be reset by a jumper or removing the BIOS
battery. I looked all over the Internet for the BIOS password and found
many sites stating that "dogbites" was the password but this did not
work for me. We phoned Neoware and the very nice people there told us
that the password was "DOGBITES" in all uppercase letters.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.