On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

> I have a LTSP setup that's working fine using old PC's and floppy boot disks
> for terminals.  I have just acquired a few Neoware Capio 616 terminals and
> would like to use them instead of the old beater boxes that I have up and
> running now.
>
> I crank up the Neoware terminals and see a few screens of "Neoware" and then
> get dumped into what I think is a Windows-something screen or state that I
> can't
> do much with, other than move the mouse around a bit and accomplish very
> little.
>
> I have never had any dealings with a "real" terminal before.  What do I need
> do to these things to get them to work on my LTSP setup?

I don't know, but I am very interested in the reply as well, as we are
seriously considering neowares for a project that will start out mostly
win, but that I devoutly hope will end up mostly (or entirely) lin.
Does anyone know exactly how they boot?  Website indicates flash is a
possibility, but can one override and PXE-boot?  Will linux recognize
e.g. their video and keyboard and anything else that they might provide
by way of ports?

    rgb

--
Robert G. Brown                        http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305