Gudmund Areskoug wrote the following on 26/02/2007 20:13:
Hello Marcel,

Marcel Berteler wrote:
Gudmund Areskoug wrote the following on 19/02/2007 13:46:
Other than that, the stumbling blocks that come to my mind, are those:
- New thin clients are expensive in many regions (e. g. Sweden), reusing
old "fat computers" isn't, but is less neat.
LTSP Thin Client do not have to be expensive. If the organisation is
willing to go for less known brands, you can easily get thin clients for
under 200 Euro and if you go directly to the source in Taiwan or to the
importers in Europe, you can get them for under 150 USD.

I'd be very happy to receive some addresses. ATM, things seem to be
covered, but otherwise, the quantity needed would have been some 15
clients or so. For Uppsala, Sweden.

We are the distributor of the eBox series for Southern Africa. There are authorised resellers in Europe as well.
http://www.compactpc.com.tw/contact_us.htm

An other interesting site is http://www.ipc2u.de/catalog/E/EE/34461.html
Not sure if they are the cheapest around, but it does give a good idea of what is available in Europe.

--
Regards,

Marcel Berteler

Development Manager