Hi all,

I think I might have missed something in the docs - I want to set up a
printer on one of my workstations.  I note that it needs to have a
hostname, so CUPS can be set up on the server.  Hence I assume I need to
have an entry such as:

    host ws001 {
        hardware ethernet     00:E0:18:E0:04:82;
        fixed-address         192.168.0.1;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp";

in my dhcp3.conf and

[ws001]
    PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/lp0
    PRINTER_0_TYPE   = P

in my lts.conf.

Is it best practice to have such stanzas for /every/ LTSP workstation on
a network, or just ones that require specific configuration or have
local devices etc?

I also note that since 4.1.1, USB printing is supported with
PRINTER_x_TYPE = U.  Do I need any PRINTER_x_DEVICE line?  Something
like /dev/usb/lp0?

Antony

--
Mobile: 07747 533 543      | Cutting-Edge IT Consultancy
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Custom Business Software Systems