Jumako wrote:
> If you have a printer connected to a terminal with LTSP 5 and Debian Etch you
> will be disappointed. It will not work. If, as me, you used LTSP (<= 4.2) for
> years with no such problems you can get really mad. Nevertheless I honestly
> like LTSP & Debian.
>
> I googled around and found that there maybe is a licence problem with the
> print server application "lp_server". I also found this statement from
> Vagrant Cascadian: "... as we had to remove lp_server due to unclear
> copyright licensing ..."
> (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-ltsp-devel/2006-November/000462.html).
>
> For me it looks like that lp_server is a fork from p910nd (author: Ken Yap,
> see http://www.etherboot.org/p910nd/), but I am not really sure.

lp_server and p910nd have nothing in common.  Other than the fact that
over the years, LTSP has used both.

lp_server indeed has license problems.  I've tried contacting the
author, but I've not received any replies to my queries.

We're working on a suitable replacement for LTSP-5 that both Ubuntu and
Debian can use.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]