On Tuesday 10 April 2007 05:52, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> Jumako wrote:
> > For me it looks like that lp_server is a fork from p910nd (author: Ken
> > Yap, see http://www.etherboot.org/p910nd/), but I am not really sure.
>
> lp_server and p910nd have nothing in common.  Other than the fact that
> over the years, LTSP has used both.
>
> lp_server indeed has license problems.  I've tried contacting the
> author, but I've not received any replies to my queries.
>
> We're working on a suitable replacement for LTSP-5 that both Ubuntu and
> Debian can use.
>
> Jim McQuillan
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the answer, Jim McQuillan,

the reason why I am thinking that it is a fork, Ken Yap wrote on
http://www.etherboot.org/p910nd/ :
"I haven't really been keeping track but projects that have adopted it include
the 3.x versions of LTSP, although for unexplained reasons they renamed the
software, ..."

So may I stop providing the lp_server binary?

I am very happy that you're working on a suitable replacement.

Greetings

Jumako