Hey folks, I'm having one small problem with local device access, and I
am hoping someone here can suggest a fix for me.

I have gotten local device access working almost perfectly on my
Slackware v11 box.  I am trying to access a USB flash drive that will be
connected to our thin clients at all times, where I will load an
application or two that the thin clients will run locally.

I boot my thin client, and start X.  I added an xterm to my .xsession
file so that I could "roam around" and make sure the device was mounting
properly.  Sure enough, it was in ~/Drives/CruzerMicro/ ... so I removed
the xterm from my .xsession file, and tried to boot normally.

The users .xsession file in their ~ directory ssh's into the box, and
runs a script also in their ~ directory called localapps.sh.
localapps.sh loads xscreensaver, firefox, and icewm, all locally.
(xscreensaver and icewm are currently being ran locally from an nfs mount).

However, Firefox doesnt load.  I get an error in my .xsession-errors
file that ~/Drives/CruzerMicro/firefox does not exist.  But, But.. it
*does* exist.  I re-enabled the xterm in my .xsession and sure enough,
~/Drives/CruzerMicro/firefox is there.  But yet, the localapps.sh script
doesnt see it.

Can someone explain whats happening here, and how to fix it?  What am I
doing wrong here?  I've hacked this all together, so its very possible
I'm just being a bumblehead and screwing something up.  Its happened
before!  *grin*.  Am I loading these local apps right?  Is the mount for
the usb stick not happening until *after* the localapps.sh script runs,
which is why I see the folder in the xterm, but cant load firefox?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
   --Eric