On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:38:43AM +0200, "Troels E. N?rm?lle" wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
>
> We have been using LTSP4.2 since january with great success and would
> now like to run softphones on our terminals. I have used twinkle  before
> and would like to use it for our terminals. I tried google and it gave
> me the article from the Linux Journal
> (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8165). This article discribes the
> install of kphone, but wasn't there some unstability problems with this
> softphone on LTSP4.2. Has anyone tried installing twinkle with success
> on ltsp4.2. If so, where can i find a guide to the install.

The technique used to make kphone work was to run the phone application
on the terminal as a local app.  This will avoid any esd latency issues.
I have not tried twinkle, but the method outlined in the LTSP/kphone
article may also work for twinkle: install the libraries and application
source in the LBE tree, build it all, and use the local app facility to
run it on the terminals rather than the server.

I hope this helps.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.