I have my ltsp 4.2 installation configured for local device access.  I
have tested it with a data cd and it works fine.  However, when I plug
in my USB thumb drive, I don't see a mount for it in my Drives
directory.

Looking at a text console on the workstation when I plug the formatted drive
in, I see:

new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-1.2: no configuration chosen from 1 choice

and no entries are created in /etc/fstab for the device.  I have the
following in this workstations entry in lts.conf:

LOCAL_STORAGE           = Y
LOCAL_DEVICE_01         = /dev/hdc:cdrom
LOCAL_DEVICE_02         = /dev/uba:usb
HOTPLUG                 = Y

(I also tried:
LOCAL_DEVICE_02         = /dev/usbdev1.2:usb
LOCAL_DEVICE_03         = /dev/usbdev1.3:usb
instead of the LOCAL_DEVICE_02, above)

I see USB modules loaded into the kernel on the terminal, but there are
none for scsi devices like I would expect from 10-ltsp-usb.rules:

SYSFS{type}=="[07]", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe sd_mod"
SYSFS{type}=="14",   RUN+="/sbin/modprobe sd_mod"
SYSFS{type}=="5",    RUN+="/sbin/modprobe sr_mod"

What am I doing wrong?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.