The LTSP traffic (X and NFS) take place on your eth0:1, but the applications
are running on the server whose primary interface is eth0. There isn't
anything unexpected happening here.

I think I know what you want to do: force users to use the proxy in order to
get to the web. The simplest way (there may be others) would be to either run
a transparent proxy on your perimeter firewall (eg. IPCop), or to run the
proxy on a stand-alone machine (separate from your LTSP server) and only
allow web traffic from that (proxy) machine to pass  through the firewall.

On Thursday 12 July 2007 05:29, Don Robertson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I know the LTSP Clients run using the server ip address. I have assigned
> two ip addresses to the server. One IP address is a Squid proxy server,
> the other should be the LTSP server.
>
> I want to set the firewall to reject anything that does not come from
> the proxy, but the clients seem to connect to the proxy with using
> whatever ip the proxy is set to.
>
> I have set LTSP_ETH_INTERFACE=eth0:1 (which is 192.168.1.6) in
> ltsp.config, and set the proxy to listen to 192.168.1.3.
>
> But for the clients to access web sites I still need a
>
> acl webopac_terms     src 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.255
>
> And
>
> http_access allow webopac_terms webopac_dests
>
> to allow the ltsp clients to visit the allowed sites on the internet.
> Using a rule
>
> acl webopac_terms     src 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.255
>
> does not work.
>
> I find this some what weird - a hidden feature, perhaps? Anyway - is
> there any way to force the client to use the LTPS IP address?
>

> don

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |