I strongly suggest you to not use the same network address for two
interfaces in the same machine.

So, if you have eth0 set to "192.168.1.6", you should change the
addresses of the terminals to, i.e., 192.168.2.x.

Note that this arrangement can bring you problems on configuring DHCP,
as it cannot work with virtual interfaces (so you cannot use eth0:1 to
distribute the terminal addresses).

A solution would be that you invert the assignments: use eth0 as
192.168.2.1 (example), and your terminals on 192.168.2.x, and set
eth0:1 to "192.168.1.3", so Squid can attach to it.