So I've been through the LTSP source tree and I have an Ubuntu
installation to examine and compare to. I'm however a little fuzzy on
exactly what I need in the initramfs and kernel. On LTSP <= 4.2 the
kernel required the IPautoconfig, DHCP and NFS root options and the
initramfs image had to contain a number of packages from the LTSP kernel
kit. The documentation references using an unmodified kernel but then
using a modified initramfs with NFS root support. Can someone elaborate
on what is needed here?

Thanks,

David Kennel