Rick,

LTSP provides a terminal to get you logged into a server.

Once logged in, your session is running ON THE SERVER.  It's no surprise
that if you start snooping around the filesystem, it looks just like the
servers filesystem.  that's because IT IS the servers filesystem.

the stuff in /opt/ltsp/$ARCH is just what is needed by the thin client
to get booted up and launch an Xserver.  From that point on, all
processing takes place on the server.

installing ubuntu-desktop or anything else in the chroot isn't gonna
magically make it run there.

We are working on the ability to run arbitrary applications on the thin
client, but that's a big issue, because we have to deal with things like:

  a) How to get the app launched on the client, when you are logged into
the server.

  b) How to make the users home directory available to the thin client
when it exists on the server

  c) How to deal with multiple architectures. some apps should run
localy on some clients, but not all apps and not all clients.

I hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]