To address a couple of issues:

  With LTSP or diskless workstations there is no hard drive in the systems.
The boot off of an application server via PXE boot or network boot.  On the
application server there is an lts.conf file that points the diskless
workstation to the NIS server to autheticate the user.  I am moving off of NIS
and going to LDAP for authetication.  I have already setup authetication in the
system-config-authentication.  I have everything running almost perfectly
because LDAP autheticates the users on the DISKED workstation (computer that
has a hard drive and is running FC6).   The DISKLESS workstation booting off of
the application server via PXE is the one I cannot login to with my users.  The
reason I cant login is because I am not sure what to put in the lts.conf file
to point the workstation in the right direction to get the credentials for that
users (ie: username and password).  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Steve Cayford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  As far as I know the diskless clients shouldn't need to know anything about
the authentication scheme. That's all handled by your pam setup on the server.

When you say "disked" workstation, do you mean a workstation booting a full
Linux distro off the hard drive or some sort of etherboot situation?

-Steve

--

Steven Cayford
McNamara Academic Center

For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net