Bill,

Just wanted to toss in my $.02 worth.

I've just worked on getting a fresh LTSP5 installation from scratch
working this week (Debian Etch with the backported packages).  I think
this might be helpful info.

The main issue I've found is that (at least in my case) I can log in
once or twice with no problems, but it looks like SSH holds the X11
forwarding session open even after I log out (or even reboot the
workstation).

I can fix it by logging into to the server and killing off the old ssh
sessions.

I've read some posts elsewhere that this bug is more SSH related than
LTSP and am still researching it.

Anyway - just thought I'd pass that along in case it helps.

-- Leon