Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but searching
the archives is difficult.

I'm trying to manually mount /opt/ltsp/i386 via nfs and
running pivot_root. The reason is, I am trying to mock
up a wireless ltsp boot process. The laptop boots
with enough linux support to make a wireless
connection, then mounts the root filesystem
and pivots to it.

Things work fine until I run the following command
(per the pivot_root man page):

exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' \
    < dev/console > dev/console 2>&1

Then I get a error:

bash: dev/console: Permission denied

I suspect this has to do with who I am on the local
machine not being recognized as a valid user on
the newly rooted file system. I've done this in a root shell
obtained with 'sudo -s'.

How does ltsp do this?

Thanks,

john