Over the course of the past few years, I have probably downloaded the ltsp 4.2
packages at least a few of dozen times when setting up various servers.  This
seems rather inefficient to me, but the latest version of the downloadable iso
seems to be 4.2u2 which appears to be more out-of-date.

Having set up another machine last week (this one, in fact -- it replaces one
that literally went "bang" on the previous Friday), and as I'll probably be
setting up yet another one during the course of this week, I am once again
thinking that it would be ever so much more efficient to have a copy of the
ltsp 4.2 install on my fileserver so I could just pull it from there.

I still use 4.2 because all of my servers are either Centos or Fedora.