Indeed, it is only necessary to enter an IP address instead of
"LDM_SERVER=${SERVER}" in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ltsp/screen.d/ldm. I installed
ldm on another machine and got the login screen. But then I receive this
message:

"This workstation isn't authorized to connect to server"

There is already a workaround for this if you use a normal ltsp-server. But the
machine ldm is supposed to connect with is not the ltsp server in my case. How
does ssh authentications work with ldm? How can I fix the problem described
above?
If this is solved and one is able to login on another machine, it should be
possible to build a program so one can choose a machine.
thanks
peter