Peter

I think I had done that. I did it again to make sure.
I do think it's presumptuous to assume everything is on the same server.
In true in this case it is.

It works if I give the correct user id and password.
It locks up if I give an incorrect password.
If I kill the 2 ssh sessions than it comes back.

I wonder if these problems are because of missing gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks.
I made a quick attempt to build it from ubuntu souce but it's too nasty.
It really should go away from the etch version.

I got the  ldm sources from etch-ltsp-backports.
Sure looks like it's dependent on gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks.
I'll take a stab at changing the theme to something that exists.
Hopefully it doesn't require understanding gtk :-)
There are themes that are installed and debian has more.

John

Peter Stein wrote:
> Well, I just have a hint for the "... veryfying password" message:
>
> You have to add the public ssh-keys of all your servers you want to be able
> to log in. So you should run the ltsp-update-sshkeys script with the --export
> variable on all those machines. You can find the script on your ltsp-server.
> But it didn't work in my case. I had to rewrite the script (just commented
> all unneeded parts out). Before that I always got an error due to missing
> chroot (ltsp - which is of course doesn't exist on the other servers), though
> I uesd the --export option. Look in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts (in ltsp chroot)
> if you got all the sshkeys with IP and DNS name.
> The message also appears, if your client cannnot get a connection to the host
> you selected - e.g. can't resolve the dns names. This should help you.
> peter

>> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:43:38 -0500
>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
>> Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] ldm problems with debian etch.
>>
>> Have 2 problems with ldm.
>>
>> If I give bad uid or password it hangs forever with "Verifying password
>> please wait." message.
>> Have to restart terminal.
>>
>> When logging out seems to take an unreasonable time ~25 seconds.
>>
>> Both ltsp client and server are installs are from etch backports.
>>
>> I have tried it a few times on a different servers.
>> I tried a lenny client install a couple months ago and it was the same.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Is there some place else I should be reporting this?
>> I don't think you can file a bug report against backports.
>>
>> Local devices and sound work,
>> it's the one think keeping from switching.
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> John McMonagle
>> IT Manager
>> Advocap Inc.

>> For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net

John McMonagle
IT Manager
Advocap Inc.