On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 11:11 -0400, Jason Maas wrote:
> Hi Carl,

> Normally what Rolf wrote is true, but I think in this case he didn't read
> your original email very carefully.  Software like the drivers and
> configuration for video cards and clients actually will be running
> directly on the LTSP clients and thus do need to be installed differently
> than "just install it on the server".  Fortunately with LTSP5 it's much
> easier to do than before.  Here's the basic idea (at least on Ubuntu):
>
> % sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
>       (or replace with the directory your clients use)
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get install <packages you want>
> # exit
> % sudo ltsp-update-image -a i386
>       (assuming you're using 32-bit clients)
> - reboot terminal machine
>
> Then you should have new software installed for client to use.  Note that
> you may need to do some configuration in the /opt/ltsp/i386 area to get
> your new software to do what you want (followed by rebuilding the disk
> image).
>
> > After I get passed this step I am assuming I need to setup a custom
> > xorg.conf file for the clients.
>
> Yes, LTSP5 in Ubuntu does not have any built-in support for dual-monitor
> setups via lts.conf.
>
> Note that another option for you may be to use the open source 'nv' driver
> and X RandR to get dual-monitor support the open source way.  That likely
> would mean that you wouldn't have to mess with installing additional
> software for the clients.  Check out the links collected on this page for
> more info:
>
>    http://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/XRandR
>
> Jason

Hey

Its me again, just got back to working on this project and its.. well
not working.  I have done the following

sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 apt-get install nvidia-glx-new
###Installs ok  (I have tried nvidia-glx as well)
sudo ltsp-update-image -a i386

Restart Clients, they only see nvidia-settings , non of the other nvidia
tools.  I have tried a few other nvidia-packages using this method, but
non show up on the clients terminal.  My plan was to use these tools to
setup my xorg.conf file.

If I just made anybody facepalm I apologize ;-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/2331862131/

Carl