Hi all,

I've got a strange scenario over here. - And I have no idea how to
further circle this problem for proper debugging.

My Server (2.6 GHZ Quad Core with 4 GB Ram on Etch/amd64) has plenty of
power. But occasionaly The performance on the clients plummets to
extreme lows. This happens even in situations were I have only 1-3
clients up, while the server has only little load.

Typical symtoms: Especially Acroread shifts to extreme slow motion and
icedove (thunderbird) takes ages to move mails from folder to folder.
Other software also feels significantly slower, but these two are the
worst and most observed.

After a reboot of a client with this behaviour in most cases everthing
is fine again on this client, latest after a second reboot. - Also
waiting a longer time normally helps. One client is typically up 24/7
and if I have the problem there and wait a couple of hours everything
returns to normal.

How would you guys go about debugging something like this?

Thanks a lot

Stefan.

--
Stefan U. Hegner