So, I just confirmed that the code that once worked on Gutsy for
touchscreen does not work on Hardy.  Worse yet, the elographics driver
used in Hardy has a bug, see:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-elographics/+bug/218671

In order to get this going, you will need to upgrade the elographics
driver in your Hardy chroot, and remove the line
in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ltsp/configure-x.sh that adds the:
Option "AlwaysCore" "true"
to the touchscreen configuration.  The buggy elographics driver doesn't
work at all with that line in there.

It looks like the elographics driver is getting fixed, if you follow
that thread, but unless a backport for hardy is requested when it is
fixed, you will need to use a different package (perhaps Debian's
package) in the chroot.

Hope that helps explain things,

-Gadi