On Thursday 04 September 2008 03:06:15
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi.  I apologize.  I have been on vacation from the computer for the
> past two weeks.  Every now and then - ya gotta get away ;)
>
> Anyhow,  I was the one who added the touchscreen code to configure-x.sh
> (the X configuration script used in Ubuntu LTSP5).  At the time of the
> merge, I was on a Gutsy (7.10) chroot, and frankly still am for my
> development platform.
>
> I have begun retesting some things on a Hardy (8.04.1) platform, but
> have not touched touchscreen, yet.  Frankly, I wasn't clear that I was
> not the only one in the galaxy using it.  :)
>
> I will try to setup a test soon, so I can see what is going on.
>
> You should note that Gutsy uses X.org version 1.3, while in Hardy, they
> are up to 1.4.  X.org and ubuntu have been changing a lot recently in
> the way various things are handled.  Sometimes, options that made sense
> in previous versions, like "AlwaysCore" cause problems in later
> versions.  To the X.org guys it's just something that a user should
> change in their configs.  To LTSP, however, where we generate a config,
> it means modifying/updating the script.
>
> Thanks for testing - this is how we fix things from version to version!

The whole touch (both ELO and uTouch) will become a burning issue for 1000s
thin clients for 100s customers VerySoonNow so I've been desperately hoping
that you'd beat me to the gate with answers before my questions :-)
[upgrade to 5, all is working on 3 (sic)]

For the Non Native English speakers sic means that I REALLY wrote 'whatever'
it's not a typo :-)

James