On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Timothy Legge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just a couple of notes on my recent implementation of Ubuntu with LTSP
> 5.  The progress on sound, local devices etc is amazing compared to my
> first FC1 based install.  Most things just work in initial testing but
> I am sure the users will find issues when they start looking.
>
> I did run into a few gotchas for server hardening though:
>
> 1) Clients run over ssh so the typical things that I configure caused
> issues, notably:
>   a) AllowUsers
>   b) Changing the default port from 22 to something else

I run 2 ssh servers, one on port 22 for the thin clients and all users
(except root) allowed, another on an alternate port with only administrators
allowed. It takes a few minutes of work to get a second server running if
you know what you're doing. I don't have a link handy, but search the
archives for my posts on the topic from within the last year for
instructions.

db