Hi,

I am new to this list but did check the archive and was unsuccessful to
find anything relevant to my problem.

We have been running ltsp4.2 for quite a while. More recently we have
moved about 30 thin clients to an ltsp5 server. Everything is running
debian sid with the only possibly unusual is that our ltsp boot server
is a different machine from the one into which users log via ldm. The
thin clients are i386 while both servers are amd64.

Now the problem. Most of the machines are working fine all of the time.
Some of the machines are working fine some of the time, but occasionally
when a user logs out, ldm fails to restart and the thin client machine
sits at a console login prompt for the local machine.

Has anybody seen this situation or can point me towards what I may want
to be looking at?

Thanks

Andreas

PS:

On the machine we log into:
ldm 2:2.0.6-2

On the ltsp server:
ltsp-server 5.1.10-2

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta