I wouldn't recommend this at all. Think of the bandwidth!

Maybe what you're looking more for is something like nx/freenx, though
it doesn't provide a complete OS environment (need to use something else
to actually boot the clients, such as a USB stick or some such). That
would probably be your better bet, and just connect via nx to the app
server in the "cloud" (damn I hate that term).

Cheers,
Jordan/Lns

Stephen Zvolner wrote:
> I would like to run an LTSP server over the Amazon compute cloud.  I am
> fairly new to
> this technology, but what I was wondering is how I would configure the thin
> client
> machines to boot directly from the Internet, where the LTSP server would
> reside.  I would have an IP address of
> the LTSP server.  However, I'm not sure how I would configure the client
> machines to connect to the
> LTSP server running over the Internet, and not over a local area network.
> Normally, the client obtains an IP address
> from a DHCP server (standalone or the one bundled with LTSP).  As I
> understand, this is accomplished
> by configuring the BIOS of the client machine to boot from the local area
> network.  In my case, however,
> the thin client must actually go out over the Internet to establish a
> connection and begin downloading the client
> software.  If anyone can give me any guidance or suggestions as to how this
> might be accomplished or if this is even feasible.
> Thanks you your help.

Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions
http://www.logicalnetworking.net
707-636-5678

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blogs.logicalnetworking.net

        Koobface' Virus Spreading Through Facebook
        Microsoft launched public test version of the new Windows 7
        Intel and HP team up to roll out Green PCs for the enterprise