In case anyone's interested, I've just finished my grubgpxe boot disk -
should be helpful for a lot of networks that have DHCP-related problems.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/grubgpxe
Grubgpxe is the combination of the Grub4dos boot manager, the gPXE
network boot loader, and a patch for gPXE that allows for providing
network parameters in a text file without the need for recompiling
gPXE.

It can be used to boot LTSP clients that aren't PXE capable, or in
networks with no DHCP server, or in networks with an existing but
unmodifiable DHCP server.

It can be installed in a floppy, a CD, or a hard disk that already has
an OS on it - even on NTFS partitions.

Thanks to the grub and grub4dos and gPXE developers for making this
possible, and especially to Shao Miller for his gPXE patch that allows
passing gPXE scripts as initrds.

--
Kind regards,
Alkis Georgopoulos