Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Not what you want but maybe also worth consideration provided that your
> notebook hard-disk
> most probably will be not the safest place to store data without having
> a backup.

Actually, all fat clients get backed up with BackupPC so they are good.

> Fat mode:
> Use notebook
>
> Thin mode:
> 1.Use sync software like rsync or unison or... to sync notebook home to
> server home
> 2.Use notebook as thin client
> 3. When preparing notebook for Fat mode operation, sync changed files
> from server home back to notebook home.

Yeah, I am aware of those options but they require user intervention and
usually involve some waiting.  I was hoping for something more seamless
and real-time.

If there is no easy way to remotely mount the client hard as the home
directory before login then I'll resort to rsync.

Jeff