I have a solution now. I commented something out in
/usr/share/ltsp/screen-x-common the prevented ldm from starting up.

get_xfs_settings() {
    # set default font path
    # use XFS_SERVER if defined, otherwise
    # attempt to use servers passed on commandline

    if boolean_is_true "$USE_XFS" ; then
        if [ -z "$XFS_SERVER" ]; then
            # attempt to use other servers
            for SRV in $@ ; do
                XFS_SERVER="$XFS_SERVER $SRV"
            done
        fi
        for SRV in $XFS_SERVER ; do
            xfs_line="tcp/${SRV}:7100"
            if [ -z "$(echo $X_ARGS | grep $xfs_line)" ]; then
                    X_ARGS="$X_ARGS -fp $xfs_line"
            fi
        done
    fi
}

This means it is not verified that xfs is online, but nc -w 5 $SRV
7100 gave no result than waiting. That means xfs was reachable but
didn't gave no return. Anybody an idea for that behavior? I used a
better command instead:

   if nmap $SRV -p 7100 | grep font-service > /dev/null ; then
instead of
   if nc -w 5 $SRV 7100 >/dev/null ; then

Now it works like a charm.  Might be helpful for users of xfs.

--
Agnes-Bernauer-Strasse 53b
80687 Muenchen

Mobile: +49-176-61576306