There are settings for this in your screensaver program.  Two common ones
are gnome-screensaver and Xscreensaver.  Gnome-screensaver uses gconf to
make these settings.  Root user can make gconf settings default and/or
mandatory for users.

Xscreensaver uses regular text files for these settings.  Each user can
have a .xscreensaver file in their $HOME directory.  The setting you want, I
believe, is this:

lockTimeout:    0:15:00

You can create a .xscreensaver file and put it in /etc/skel so all new
users will be given it.  Note that users will be able to change their own
.xscreensaver files unless you change the permissions on them to disallow
write access.

-Rob