Nick Fenger wrote:

> I am having the same issue on a 64 bit 9.04 system w/ 32 bit clients. I
> notice  /dev/dsp disappears after sound crashes on the thin client. Does
> not seem to matter if alsa or pulse are set as the default sound system.
> It's occuring on two different kinds of hardware, one is  an older
> Celeron with intel sound hardware the other a more recent 3Ghz P4.
>
> Made any progress?

None whatsoever. I have really no idea where to continue looking. It happens no
matter what kind of hardware I'm using, so it has to be some sort of server
issue.

I had your setup earlier, with a 64-bit system with 32-bit clients, but stopped
using that due to problems with flash. So you may want to check out that. Try
playing audio by using mplayer or similar and see what happens then. For me it
plays for a while (generally around 1-2 minutes) and then just dies.

- Marius