----- "Veli-Matti Lintu" <veli-matti.li...@opinsys.fi> wrote:
> Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Ubuntu Karmic based
> ltsp
> thin clients when using the reboot option in ldm's menu? Shutdown
> works
> with no problems, but several thin clients just throw a bunch of
> squashfs and nbd errors before getting stuck. The kernel doesn't
> freeze
> as screen blanking / unblanking still works.
>
> There are more details in the Launchpad bug report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/457702

I got great help on #ltsp on this and it turned out that the problem is the
call to "reboot -p" from gtkgreet/greeter.c in ldm sources. Changing that to
"reboot -fp" fixed the problem. I made a patched version of karmic's ldm and
uploaded it to a ppa in launchpad. I changed also "poweroff -p" to "poweroff
-fp" to see if that changes something.

https://launchpad.net/~opinsys/+archive/ppa

I hope this helps others having the same problem.

Veli-Matti Lintu