I use Thincan too (but more recent ones)
There was some problemq with the geode display driver:
- it was not in the chroot by default
install xserver-xorg-video-geode in the chroot and update your image

- it was not allways launched by XWindow
edit the lts.conf file with something like this:
[Thincan_DBE_61]
        XSERVER = geode
        X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
        LDM_DIRECTX=True
        X_RAMPERC=80
         LDM_SYSLOG = False

Then for each thincan mac adress
[00:18:2D:00:0B:AE]     # Thincan DBE 61
        LIKE = Thincan_DBE_61

xavier

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2009 13:05:06, Evan Ingram a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> this is my first ltsp implementation using ubuntu. used the alternate
> 9.10 installer and chose install ltsp server pressing f4 on boot. and it
> works out of the box, impressive.
>
> server is an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3120  @ 3.16GHz with 4gb ram.
>
> client is ThinCan DBE61A;
>
> Processor: AMD Geode LX700 @ 433 MHz
> Memory: 128MB DDR RAM
> Internal Storage: 256KB Boot ROM, 64MB NAND Flash
> Sound: AC97 v2.3
> Network Interface: 10/100baseT RTL8139
> Power Consumption: Less then 5W
> Boot Method: PXE only
>
> performance on the clients is quite sluggish.
>
> was this to be expected with the thincan? they look so cool, but are
> they just not powerful enough? i thought the idea was everything was
> done on the server anyway? :/

Xavier
xav...@alternatif.org