Frank,

Just go to this directory on the LTSP server (BTW, I have my LTSP on
Ubuntu 8.10):

/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/bin

... and put this into a text file named "pen" or something similar:

#!/bin/sh
mount `ls -a /dev/sd* | tail -1` /media/root

Then make it executable:

sudo chmod 777 pen

Then do this:

sudo ltsp-update-image

And reboot your clients. that should do it.

Pedro

PS - this is optional, of course, but I also added a few lines to the end of

/opt/ltsp/i386/root/.bashrc

with stuff like:

echo --------------------------
echo Some useful commands:
echo
echo pen - recognizes USB drive
echo reboot - restarts station
echo
echo Use CTRL-ALT-F8 to get back to Windows

This runs everytime the user goes into the shell, so it's a nice help
screen. Remember you have to update the ltsp image to make sure the new
.bashrc gets distributed to the clients.