On Tuesday 12 January 2010 05:15:22 ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:
> Can you try also forcing the horizontal rate?
> E.g. put something like this in lts.conf:
>         X_HORZSYNC=30.0-101.0
>         X_VERTREFRESH=60.0-75.0
>
> I've seen many cases where forcing the correct refresh rates was enough
> to solve the resolution problems, and X_MODE_0/XRANDR_MODE_0 weren't
> needed at all.
>
> You'll have to find out the correct values for your monitors, though...
>
> ???? 11-01-2010, ????? ???, ??? ??? 19:59 +0800, ?/? james ??????:
> > On Monday 11 January 2010 19:00:45
> > ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello, please reply with your lts.conf
> >

> > No help there :-)
> > [default]
> >     LDM_DIRECTX=True
> >
> > [00:0f:ea:59:9f:22]
> >     SERVER    = "192.168.5.77"
> >     X_MODE_0  = 1280x1024
> >     X_VERTREFRESH = 60

I'm certain that I can make the monitors work, so this is not an anguished cry
for help. One MB is doing an EDID probe and getting answers, one is not
getting answers.
Adding parameters or not makes no difference to the generated Xorg.7.log file.

Is there a trick to getting the lts.conf parameters recognised.

Previous LTSP where an XF or xorg.conf file was built using input from
lts.conf was much easier. Can that mode be invoked.

It's much easier to ask clever ppl than to go hunting and maybe discover not
optimal ways of achieving the goal

Thanks
James