On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 08:15:53PM -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:43 PM, David Burgess <apt....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:44 PM, R. Scott Belford <sc...@hosef.org> wrote:
> >
> >> My sip clients are not being launched from ltsp clients.  I don't
> >> think that's a factor.  To be exact, this is what is working for me.
> >> In my earlier post, I had not yet configured Ekiga to register two
> >> accounts simultaneously.
> >
> > (I almost feel like I'm budding into a private conversation at this
> > point.) There still appears to be a fundamental difference here, in
> > that Scott is running multiple SIP clients on multiple machines--no
> > port-binding conflict there.
>
> Actually, David, I am running 7 SIP Clients across 3 Dynamic IP
> addresses, so the port binding issues remain the same - how to handle
> multiple LAN requests, from the same IP, for port 5060.
>
> I mentioned that I have a 4 Line Linksys phone in this setup - that's
> 1 IP Address and 4 SIP clients.  I also mentioned that one instance of
> Ekiga has two SIP accounts registered - that's 2 SIP clients to 1 IP
> address.  Without using SIP ports for each client beginning at 5061
> and incrementing by one, per device, then I have to use a proxy like
> siproxd for the multiple LAN requests for port 5060.

Actually, I have managed to get multiple Ekiga instances on my LAN to
work.  I used avahi for this, per the advice of somebody on this list.
Although I only tested communication within the LAN.  I did not test
simultaneous internet-based calls.

I've also had multiple Ekiga accounts registered on a single client.

My last problem (hopefully my last) is that multiple Ekiga clients on
the same machine refuse to load without giving me errors about the port.
I've only been able to fix this by manually changing the ports in each
Ekiga config.

Is there any fancy iptable rule or other script that can say "oh, you
want port 5060, well that one's taken so I'll give you 5061 instead and
forward all your traffic there"?  If not, then I'm back to changing
ports manually and hoping the Ekiga devs implement the above feature.

-Rob