On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Rob Owens <row...@ptd.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:30:39AM -1000, R. Scott Belford wrote:

>> > Well, I got siproxd working on my LAN, but so far it doesn't allow me to
>> > run multiple instances of Ekiga on the same machine.  Each instance
>> > wants ownership of port 5060 (and possibly other ports).  The first
>> > instance grabs those ports, and the other instances complain and won't
>> > register.
>> >
>> > Still working on it...
>>
>> Aloha Rob
>>
>> I run siproxd on my pfsense gateway box.  I use multiple SIP devices
>> from my LAN including Ekiga clients and an iphone SIP client.  I
>> noticed this comment
>>
>> "ps. If you are using Ekiga behind pfsense/siproxd, you need to set
>> the NAT traversal type to "None"."
>>
>> from here
>>
>> http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=10084.0
>>
>> In reviewing my setups, I have all my devices set to use 5060 but I
>> have them use a proxy at the LAN address of my siproxd/pfsense box.
>> Ekiga's STUN server used to work, but, removing it and inserting my
>> siproxd does fine.
>>
>> Before siproxd, I just set my SIP devices to 5060, 5061, etc. since my
>> provider allows this.  I'm happy to cross-reference any settings if it
>> will help you in your quest.
>>
> Scott, I'd love to see some of your config files.  I'm currently setting
> each of my SIP devices to different ports, but that's a cumbersome
> solution.

The tuning of my siproxd.conf file is done via the pfsense gui.  My
setup is pretty vanilla.  I don't think this is your variable.

> Just to be clear, are you using multiple SIP devices on the same server?
> If so, I'd like to see your siproxd.conf file.  What OS are you running
> your SIP devices on, and what version of Ekiga are you using?  Are there
> any client config changes besides turning off STUN and defining an
> outbound proxy?

My sip clients are not being launched from ltsp clients.  I don't
think that's a factor.  To be exact, this is what is working for me.
In my earlier post, I had not yet configured Ekiga to register two
accounts simultaneously.

- Ekiga 2.0.12 on a debian lenny eeepc install over my wireless lan
through siproxd on pfsense works *without* nat settings and *without*
setting outbound proxy manually.  I currently have two lines
terminated.
- SIP Softphone 3.0 on the iphone works *without* setting outbound
proxy.  I can call the eeepc from the iphone, and vice versa.
- Linksys/Cisco SPA 942 4-line phone works *with* setting outbound
proxy to siproxd's IP.  This device can call itself and the other
devices.

I provide my own SIP services, and as we speak I have 7 DID's assigned
to 7 SIP accounts that I am registered to, through pfsense/siproxd,
and all devices can call one another as well as in and out of the pbx
to my att cell phone.  Using freeswitch on your pfsense gateway is
another option.  I plan to change to this soon so that I can use the
Speex codec across my wireless networks.  I think your issue may be
with tweaking and re-launching the ekiga client.  It took me 4,324
attempts to get it 'right'.

Let me figure out the best way to extract the siproxd.conf file, and
I'll email it to you in private if you still need it.  Running siproxd
on a dual-nic machine seems to make it much easier

> Thanks a bunch.
>
> -Rob

--scott