Στις 12-01-2010, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 19:46 +0100, ο/η Verner Kjærsgaard
έγραψε:
> - thank you for your answers!
>
> - just to clarify...
>
> - I've got 4 24-port switches that connects to all the clients. 100Mbit
> ports to the clients, 1000Mbit to the server. As of now they are just
> connected to each other, leaving three of them in a poor state as they
> are not even properly uplinked (not my fault, they didn't buy swithes
> with 1000Mbit uplink ports...).
>
> - my idea is to connect each switch to its own netcard on the server...
>
> - is this a correct approach?

So, you have one server for 4x24 = about 100 clients?

Well yeah with 4 switches, and if you rewire them properly to be on
different physical subnets, bonding won't help you.

I think the best way to handle this it to pretend that you have 4
different servers: assign 4 different IPs to your NICs, 4 different
ranges in dhcpd.conf etc.
e.g. eth0 = 192.168.0.1/24, eth1 = 192.168.1.1/24 etc.

See also https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/FlowControl for a
possible problem with mixed-speed networks that may gravely affect
perfomance.